Thursday, September 18, 2014

Back issues, etc.

Had another appt with my PS last week, and he put more stuff in my scars to soften a few places some more (did I mention he did that a couple months ago? He did... and most of the scars softened AMAZINGLY well). Not a lot to report in that area of my recovery. At this point, all wounds are fully healed, scars are softer or in the process of becoming so. They still itch at times, especially around my sides. Despite the lingering issues with my back, I have NO regrets about doing this surgery. There were times during my recovery, I'm not gonna lie, where I thought "What in the hell is wrong with me? WHY did I do this to myself?" and I was miserable, hating life, and feeling mildly psychotic. Not sure how much of that was the pain, the medications, feeling helpless, etc, but yeah... I was plenty miserable for a bit there. Now, I can get up, move around, BREATHE, and I'm feeling SO much better. My best friend got me to try some stuff called Thrive(vitamin/mineral supplement), and I'm starting that today and feeling excited about it (I'll be running a separate blog on that covering how I feel, link to be added here for anyone interested.) Tomorrow I have my third Chiropractic appt. My first was this Monday, my second was yesterday. My lower back and hips are out of whack, and he's been working on adjusting me. I'm also supposed to be icing (iceing? IDK) my back for 20 minutes every hour. I hate being cold though. I know it's necessary, but UGH. Not sure if I'm feeling any improvements yet, but it's not supposed to be an overnight thing anyway. The shooting pains seem to have let up. It felt like sharp pinches, or being stabbed with a needle, at random. Then again, they weren't super common anyway.

That's it for today! Leave a comment if you have anything to ask or add! No pics, as nothing has visually changed in awhile :)

No comments:

Post a Comment