Thursday, April 24, 2014

Constipation =/

I realized today that I haven't had a bowel movement since the day before my surgery. I've guzzled 3 cups of coffee,  and have at least started passing gas. Tmi? Probably, but hey, I'm being open here. I'd rather not have to take another pill, hence the coffee guzzling. Uhh, but I hate coffee plain. Drank it anyways. Lol. I think the pain killers are the culprit in this case.  Ugh. 

In kinda related news, my armpit areas are swollen and tender after getting my drainage tubes out yesterday.  My lower legs are also swollen, and achey. Feels like my ankles need to pop. :(  I've needed far less pain meds today. Actually,  I've gone 4 hours now since my last dosage. (Yay!)

Would kill for even a solid 6 hours of sleep at this point. That's my goal tonight!  Hoping the coffee does its job soon so I can make an attempt at that goal!

Update: whole pot of coffee down, no action yet. Arms are shaky, probably from using the walker, though. Waiting on Philip to get home and help me re-do the boob dressings. Getting excited about bra shopping! I haven't gotten excited about that in a very long time.

Thanks to a message from a family member, I realize there's a group of people who might be interested in reading this blog that I hadn't considered: women wanting larger boobs. When I am feeling more up to it, I'll post about life when you have really large boobs. 

Update 2: the coffee seems to only have the effect of making me shake all over.  Philip brought me home some laxatives.  Really hope they make a difference!

Update 3: Philip changed my dressings.  I'm amazed at the lack of bruising so far. Swelling, and some tenderness,  but other than that, I have remarkably clear skin. I have a few faint bruises, but that's all. I'm starting to ramble on, I know. So, I also haven't had any pain meds or anything in about 6 hours, ish. Will take some when I'm ready to sleep,  though.  Chasing that solid block of sleep still! Lol

No more updates tonight! Making myself stop now!  Lol

No comments:

Post a Comment