Saturday, May 10, 2014

Tramadol

I've been on Tramadol for pain since my reduction.  The hydrocodone didn't touch my back pain. Right now,  I don't feel I need pain killers anymore.  I tried to stop taking the Tramadol 2 days ago. Last night, I took one just to get relief from the withdrawal symptoms. From what I've been reading,  I've experienced damn near every withdrawal symptom associated with Tramadol.  Sensitivity to smells, tinnitus,  mood swings, sweats and chills, nausea, diarrhea, insomnia, and more. I've had the shakes so bad I feel like I'm vibrating, I feel like crying at random for no reason,  and lettuce has become the nastiest smelling thing ever, other than a dirty bathroom. Right now I am trying to figure out what I can eat that won't churn my stomach when I actually try to eat it. I thought I was coming down seriously ill at first. I've been reading about Tramadol withdrawal online,  and right now I'm now sure how I am going to proceed. If it was a week day,  I would call my dr's office and discuss it with him, but, just my luck,  it's a Saturday. I'm not going to take any unless I just can't handle the symptoms,  but I would prefer to not even need that. I was on 50mg, taking 1-2 every 4-6 hours, not to exceed 8 per day. I carefully monitored how many I was taking and when, and had been only taking 1 at a time, no more than 4 a day for a few days when I decided I didn't need to take any more, since I wasn't in pain.

My recommendation?  If you can, don't take Tramadol. Take something else instead. This shit blows.

No comments:

Post a Comment